The Partnership for skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology (PASET) is an African-led initiative with the goal of strengthening skills in the Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology to further socio-economic transformation in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). The Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) is the flagship program of PASET. RSIF focuses on transformative technologies that have a far-reaching positive impact on society. It is funded by contributions from African governments, the World Bank and the Government of Korea and facilitated by the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) in Nairobi, Kenya.
RSIF supports training, research and innovation in five PASET Priority Thematic Areas: (1) ICT including big data and artificial intelligence, (2) Food security and agri-business, (3) Minerals, mining and materials engineering, (4) Energy including renewables and (5) Climate change.
PhD program Degrees to be offered will be in;
- Material Science and Engineering (MaSE),
- Material Science
- Food Security and Agribusiness
- Applied Agricultural Economics and Policy/Agribusines
- PhD Program in Petroleum and Gas Engineering / Energy Economics
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physics
- Computer Science
- PhD program in Internet of Things: Embedded Computing Systems
- Natural Resources Management and Climate Change
- Africa Center of Excellence for Climate Change Biodiversity and Sustainable Agriculture (CCBAD)
Read more Shttps://www.rsif-paset.org/calls/2020-applications/ET RSIF