Staff and postgraduate students from Department of Land Resource Management and agricultural technology (LAMAT) today 25th October, 2021 joined the world in the ongoing joint International Grassland and Rangeland congress. The theme of the Congress is “Sustainable Use of Grassland and Rangeland Resources for Improved Livelihoods.” The aim of the congress is to promote the interchange of scientific and technical information on all aspects of grasslands and rangelands.
- Grassland and rangeland ecology.
- Forage production and utilization.
- Livestock production systems.
- Wildlife, tourism and multi-facets of grassland and rangeland.
- Drought management and climate change in rangelands.
- Pastoralism , social, gender and policy issues
- Capacity building, extension and governance.
The Students and staff presenting in various session are;
- Dr. Staline Kibet (Lecturer in LARMAT)
- Dr. Patrick Watete (former student in Dryland Resource Management)
- Rodgers Rogito (MSc Soil science)
- Margeret Nyaga (PhD Range Management)
- Walter Magero (MSc Range management)
- Diana Githu (former student in Range Management)
- Sharon Teyie (MSc Range Management)
- Haileselassie Araya (PhD Range Management)
Some of organizing committee members from LARMAT are Prof. Moses Nyangito, Prof. Jesse Njoka and Dr Oliver Wasonga. LARMAT department is among virtual exhibitors in this congress.
Click here for Welcoming remarks.