To be a center of excellence in sustainable land resource management and Environment
To provide leadership and innovative technologies in sustainable land resource management through quality training, research and outreach.
- Professionalism and ethics.
- Transformation education, research and outreach.
- Teamwork and partnership.
- Environmental sustainability and food security.
- Equity and inclusiveness.
The Department is guided by the following principles in order to achieve its vision;
- Advance and consolidate scientific and technological innovations in sustainable land resource management.
- To leverage departmental expertise and facilities in support of stakeholders’ activities.
- To mobilize resources for effective service delivery and efficient management of the department.
- To produce quality and holistic graduates in land resource management and agricultural technology.
- To improve the Department’s resources, facilities and infrastructure for her enhanced efficiency and productivity.
- To enhance and sustain the culture of value-adding Collaborations and Partnership
- To enhance the competitiveness of the Department in sustainable land-based resource management.