Kiambu, Thika, Kakuzi, Mwea, Masinga and Kaburu Dam
Mr. Musembi Kimeu explaining Range plants and their uses to the students
Future experts in Range and Agro-ecosystem management were engaged in field activities in Kiambu coffee plantations, Thika pineapple farms, Kakuzi Ltd, Mwea irrigation schemes Kamburu and Masinga dams on 15th March 2016. The academic trip aimed at studying the basic ecology, land use systems and associated vegetation in semi-arid regions of Eastern and Central Kenya. They were led by their lectures and experts in the related field. In principle, Mr. Mulongo, Mr.Musembi Kimeu and Ms.Carolyne Kyalo collaboratively guided 75 students in Agro ecology I and Range Ecology I on the following thematic areas:
- Land uses types and associated vegetation cover.
- Soil types, soil erosion types and magnitude.
- Water harvesting technologies, water management and utilization.
- Renewable energy production.
- Distribution of biotic elements.
- Food processing factories.
- Changes in climate and their observable effects.
- Distinctive agro-ecological ecosystem.
- Human activities that an impact on both natural and agro ecosystems.
Chairman , LARMAT, firstname.lastname@example.org